Our Client, a prestigious Investment Advisor in Norwalk, CT is looking to add a Corporate Accounting Manager to their team. Amazing Company with great benefits and upside potential!
The Corporate Accounting Manager should have a strong technical, regulatory and tax accounting knowledge base. Audit experience in the finance industry, specifically, investment advisors with domestic and international presence is strongly desired. The candidate should also have a solid finance knowledge base with a sharp analytical mindset to complement his/her accounting experience.
• Maintain and administer accounting policies, procedures and practices.
• Research, evaluate and analyze GAAP, IFRS, regulatory and tax issues as applicable to the firm.
• Facilitate cross functional and cross geographic teams to remediate accounting, internal control, and reporting issues.
• Collaborate with Corporate Accounting team and auditors to complete year end audits for domestic and international entities.
• Assist with quarterly and annual tax filings as well as regulatory filings as necessary.
• Assist with monthly, as well as ad hoc, Finance and Financial Planning projects.
• Collaborate with Corporate Accounting team on preparation of monthly financial statements.
• 4 - 6 yrs. of accounting experience, CPA designation desired but not required.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to effectively and succinctly present relevant accounting issues and concepts to Corporate Accounting team and Management.
• Strong analytical skills to effectively implement current and new accounting regulations and concepts to Corporate Accounting procedures.
• A team player with excellent project and time management skills.